Loading frequencies in the memory

Discuss anything related to your Baofeng radio.

Loading frequencies in the memory

Postby Paul A Ragany » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:26 pm

I have read the instructions on inputting repeater frequencies into the memory mode ---but it seems I'm missing something and it won't store any of the frequencies. I've tried numerous times with no success.
Does anyone have a more precise set of instructions on how to put the frequencies in to the memory thingy.---Thanx in Advance --Paul
Paul A Ragany

Re: Loading frequencies in the memory

Postby Fletch » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Same issue for me. Entered in the freq/offset/tone and I cannot get it to save. I was able to get 1 freq save but then the repeater shift would not work.
Fletch

Postby cruncher_ham » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Using the software for the radio is the easiest way of doing the programming. Sitting there and manually entering data is a complete frustration FUBAR.
My suggestion is that you get the software, write down on a separate piece of paper the following:

1. Receive frequency, rcv tone(if any), Transmit frequency, Transmit tone(if any) and the channel number. Make this as a physical pen and paper list. Don't need too, but it makes life a little easier.

When you get this list organised (lowest frequency to highest frequency), THEN get out the software, load it into the computer you are going to use and follow the instructions as to how to load the driver for the programming cable and then run the program.
It is imperative that you know what port the USB cable is installed into. The program has to match that setting in the port setting pull-down in the program.
It should be no problem to load the information into the computer and then load it into the radio.
Save your data as you may want to change the settings later.
The program will probably ask you for the version of the radio firmware. In this case, follow the instruction book to obtain this information, unless the program is able to detect it.
I hope that I haven't managed to obscure and generate more problems for you than you already seem to have with the radio.
Good luck
cruncher_ham

Postby snhashmi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:32 pm

The memories will not save when you are saving it from the display B. You will have to enter the information in display A and then save it.

Also, the offset will not save into the memory. You will have to manually enter the transmitting frequency in the VFO mode and save it again in the same memory slot.
snhashmi

setting the repeater offset frequency

Postby photodon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Just got my BaoFeng UV5R today and am trying to program a repeater split frequency. Following the instructions in the manual I cannot get the offset frequency to change from the original menu value of 000.000. Instructions say to press the down/up button to change it but it does nothing but beep. I am waiting for the programming software to arrive but it will be another three days before it arrives. It seems, since this is such critical software, that the company would make it available by download, especially since the handheld and software seem to come from two different places and arrive three days apart.
photodon

New Movie ''Okja''

Postby vaiybora » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:00 am

ดูหนังออนไลน์ Okja is a 2017 action-adventure film directed by Bong Joon-ho and written by Bong and Jon Ronson. The film stars an ensemble cast headed by South Korean child actress Ahn Seo-hyun, alongside Hollywood actors Tilda Swinton, Paul Dano, Steven Yeun, Lily Collins, and Jake Gyllenhaal.
The film competed for the Palme d'Or in the main competition section at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival.It was released on Netflix on June 28, 2017.

In 2007, self-defined environmentalist Lucy Mirando becomes CEO of the Mirando Corporation, succeeding her controversial grandfather, her father and her cruel twin sister Nancy. She announces that they have been breeding a special kind of “super pig”. The twenty-six produced specimens are sent to as many farmers in different locations around the world, and ten years later, one of them will be crowned the winner of a competition to breed the best pig.
b
vaiybora

Return to General Discussion