Programing UV-5R

Guides and articles on how to set up your Baofeng radio.

Programing UV-5R

Postby hoots » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello all. I recently received a UV-5R and I purchased it for a single purpose. Now I consider myself reasonably competent at figuring things out but this is a bit daunting. I purchased the usb cord with the manufacturers name on the box and cable but the drivers have a yellow mark by them, so they don't seem to have installed correctly on my W7 64bit machine. But, since I only ever want to use it configured 151.955 MHz, with a Tone Squelch of 146.2 Hz I was hoping some kind soul would give me a step-by-step guide to achieve this one time set-up that a third grader could understand!

Thanks
hoots
hoots

Re: Programing UV-5R

Postby Afghanvet » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:32 pm

The forums here do not seem to be very active. I just started using these radios yesterday. However, I will do some research and see what i can find out and get back to you in a day or so if you still have not been able to find an answer yet.
Afghanvet

Postby hoots » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:28 am

Thanks so much. I had no luck with customer support either.
hoots

Postby elviejo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:58 pm

I purchased the UV-5R and received it today 9-25-2015, I tried to program it but the cd is for the 480. I tried to down load the program but they require the COM: ports and they sent a USB cable. The COM port a ancient on laptops. Any idea where I can get the software.
elviejo

Return to Support & Guides